Hypertherm's SYNC technology allows the power source to communicate with the SmartSync torch and cartridge, thus increasing productivity. The one piece Sync cartridge replaces Hypertherm's traditional five piece setup, thus reducing consumable confusion and optimizing consumable life. Sync systems contain an end-of-life consumable detection on the torch and the power source, letting the user know when to properly change the cartridge. The cartridge also retains its end-of-life status so it can not be re-used improperly.
End-of-Life detection is disabled when one of the following occur
• A Fine Cut hand cutting cartridge is installed
• The amperage is set below 40 amps for any type of cartridge
• The output amperage is set below 55 amps and no communication between the cartridge and system
• Color Coded Single-Piece Cartridge Consumable (Hand, Mechanized/Stand Off, Gouging, and FlushCut/HyAccess)
• Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
• Consumable Life Data Tracking