All Steelmax cutters ship with a pilot pin installed at no extra charge.
Annular Cutter Advantages Over Twist Drills
• Eliminates costly and time consuming step-drilling
• Significantly less drilling time (3-4 times faster)
• Longer tool life (5-10 times more holes per cutter)
• More accurate and higher quality holes
• Easily drill on curved surfaces like pipe and tubing
• Create overlapping holes
Steelmax HSS cutters utilize an M2AL (aluminum additive) formulation which increases cutter life due to better heat propagation characteristics and is less brittle compared to those using a cobalt additive. HSS cutters are most cost effective for mild steel applications and holes up to 2-3/8" in diameter in material up to 2" thick. HSS cutters can also be re-sharpened to extend cutter life.
Steelmax high-performance cutting fluid should be used with all annular cutters for optimal cutting performance and to extend cutter life. The Steelmax brand cutting fluid is a water-based cutting fluid that is bio-degradeable and does not require time-consuming cleanup prior to welding or assembling parts.