The core element of the Optrel Swiss Air PAPR system is a ventilated half-mask that completely covers the mouth and nose area and supplies them with purified air.
A breathing space is created in the mouth and nose area which, thanks to positive pressure, supports the user in breathing and eliminates tiring breathing resistance. The half-mask, made of high-tech FR fabric, is designed in such a way that it can be excellently adapted to the individual thanks to a freely adjustable headband. This concept will eliminate the time for time-consuming and expensive fit tests that are common with conventional half-masks.
The clean air comes via a Y-hose from a miniature blower system, which is comfortably carried by a backpack-style unit on the back. In this way, the user is permanently in a "positive pressure air system", which permanently protects their respiratory tract against contaminated air.
The Optrel Swiss Air is independent of a welding helmet making it one of the most versatile PAPR systems available! From the Central Control Panel, you always have all functions under control. It sits conveniently on your left chest strap allowing you to control the following.
• Overview of filter contamination and battery charge status
• Stepless air-flow control and on/off switch
• Altitude and temperature compensation
Filtration Layers Breakdown
• The outer most spark-protection grille made of metal holds back hot and flaming particles.
• The pre-filter will filter out larger particles from the breathing air.
• The master filter of the very highest TH3 filter class – Filters 99.8% of all pollutants from the air.
• The ventilated half mask made of FR material will cover your nose and mouth. A positive pressure supports breathing and will avoid fatigue.
• TH3 certified particulate-master filter
• Adjustable air flow 100-130 l/min
• 14 hour power battery
• Automatic altitude and temperature compensation
No mask-fit test required